Bidvertise

August 7, 2015

Roasted Caesar Salad

I have to admit that I actually love salad; there's nothing like a nice big bowl of vegetables to make me happy.

I went to a restaurant with a couple of girlfriends and we decided to try their grilled Caesar.  It sounded great but, unfortunately, it was soggy and bland.  However, I loved the idea of a grilled salad, so I decided to try it at home.  And, being the vegetable lover that I am, I added lots of lovely extras!



Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. oil (I use avocado)
5 brussel sprouts, halved
½ cup corn kernels
½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
¼ cup croutons
1-2 Tbsp Caesar dressing
2 cups romaine lettuce
Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
Salt
Pepper
Pinch of red pepper flakes (Optional)

Directions: 
1. Drizzle oil in a pan and warm over medium heat.
2. Roast brussel sprouts first, seasoning with salt, garlic, pepper and red pepper flakes, while in the pan.
3. Roast for approximately 10 minutes, or until they start browning, ensuring that you flip the sprouts.  Note: don’t get too close to the pan when the uncut side of the sprouts are down, as they tend to pop and flip.
4. Scoop out the sprouts and roast the rest of the ingredients, starting with the tomatoes and corn and roasting the lettuce last.
5. Put the heated ingredients on a plate, add a few croutons, a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of Caesar dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment