Bidvertise

August 19, 2016

Sauteed Greens and Mushrooms

Sometimes the best part of a meal is the side dish, and I love it when mine is full of vegetables.

I love peas, in almost any form, including shoots and leaves.  I found these snow pea tips at the grocery store and I was instantly curious about how the would taste, how to cook them, etc.  I was so excited to try them that I actually tore into the bag as soon as I left the grocery store.  These tips taste like garden fresh peas and are so refreshing.

One of my favorite combinations is cooked peas and mushrooms, so I had to throw some in with these pea tips!



Ingredients:
4 cups snow pea tips
2 cups sliced brown mushrooms (about 10)
1 Tbsp. oil
1 tsp. chopped garlic
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
1/2 Tbsp. sesame seeds

Directions:
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
3. Add pea tips and mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes, until wilted.
4. While the vegetables are cooking, use a fork to whisk the soy sauce and sesame oil together in a small bowl.
5. When the greens are wilted, remove the pan from the heat and toss with the soy sauce and sesame oil mixture,
6. Top with sesame seeds and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment