Bidvertise

September 16, 2016

Overnight Oats

I have always loved a good bowl of porridge - simple, warm and comforting.  Instant oats just never tasted quite as good, but cooking breakfast just doesn't work for me most days.  I am usually in the office by 6:30, I don't want to eat right when I wake up, but I don't like skipping breakfast.  Once I learned how to make overnight oats, I was hooked.  They are the porridge of my childhood, all grown up!


Ingredients:
1/3 cup rolled oats
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
1 Tbsp. shredded coconut
1 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup almond or coconut milk

Optional ingredients:
2 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup berries
1 Tbsp. shredded coconut

Directions:
1. Place all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Top with milk.
3. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

You can either eat your oats as is in the morning, or you can add extra toppings.  I like adding Greek yogurt, hemp hearts, more coconut, more nuts, and fresh berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment