Bidvertise

October 14, 2016

Earl Grey Cupcakes

Earl Grey was the first real tea (i.e. not powdered iced tea crystals) that I ever tried, and I have loved it ever since.  I remember my grandparents drinking orange pekoe tea, black, every afternoon, but it never appealed to me.  However, when my friend made me a cup with  a bit of sugar and a splash of cream, I was on my way to a lifelong love affair with tea,

One of my coworkers also happens to love Earl Grey, so I made him these special cupcakes to celebrate his Spartan trifecta success.


Ingredients:
1 boxes Duncan Hines White Cake Mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup cooking oil
2 Earl Grey tea bags
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1/2 cup of cinnamon baking chips (optional)

Directions:
1. Put the tea bags in a bowl and pour 1 1/2 cups of boiling water over them.  Allow the tea to steep until the water cools to room temperature.  Remove the tea bags and set the tea aside.
2. Preheat oven to 325oF and line cupcakes pans.

3. Pour the cake mix, eggs, oil and tea in a large mixing bowl.
4. Using an electric mixer, mix on low for 30 seconds, then mix on high for 2 minutes.
5. If using the cinnamon chips, stir in and then fill the cupcake pans.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

These taste perfect when topped with vanilla buttercream icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment