Bidvertise

October 16, 2015

Golden Borscht

I still remember the first time my mom made borscht and we all gave her a funny look as we stared at the bright red soup.  However, it was delicious and is now a family favorite.  While I can get beets year round, I am only lucky enough to get golden beets for a brief period of time in the fall.  So, of course, I had to turn them into a slightly less stain-threatening shade of soup.



Ingredients:
1 small yellow onion
10 small golden beets
2 cups green cabbage
1 L vegetable broth
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. stevia
Sour cream and dill for serving

Directions:
1.  Chop onion, chop cabbage, peel beets, halve and then cut into 1/4" slices.  
2. Put all ingredients in a pot.  Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce and simmer until cabbage is soft.
3. Top with sour cream and dill.

No comments:

Post a Comment