Bidvertise

March 18, 2016

Chai-Infused Custard

The other day I woke up thinking about custard, which is strange, because I haven't had any in years.  I like a nice thick custard, but sometimes I am too lazy to make it from scratch.  Thank goodness you can get the powdered kind!

Chai tea is one of my absolute favorites, so I used it to add some extra flavor to the custard.  It's spicy and flavorful, but not too sweet.


Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk (I used unsweetened milk)
1 Tbsp, loose chai tea
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1/4 cup custard powder

Directions:
1. Put the milk and tea in a covered bowl and leave in the refrigerator to infuse overnight,
2.  Once infused, strain the tea leaves out of the milk using a fine mesh strainer,  I poured mine right through my tea strainer.
3. Put sugar and custard powder in a pot.
4. Slowly add the infused milk, whisking well the entire time.
5. Bring custard to a boil over medium heat, whisking often,
6. Once the custard boils, remove from heat,

This is excellent hot or cold, and very delicious with a little bit of ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment