Bidvertise

March 4, 2016

Kicked Up Tuna Salad

I don't care what anyone says, I love a good tuna sandwich.  I was that kid that was more than happy to take it for my school lunch, regardless of any complaints about the smell.  I used to just mix it with mayonnaise and pepper and call it a day, but now I like to add a few more ingredients for extra enjoyment.



Ingredients:
1-170 g can tuna in water
1-300 g can navy beans
4 artichoke hearts (I use jarred hearts in water)
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup - 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. dried chives
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper

Directions;
1. Open the can of beans, rinse well and drain off the excess water.  Put the beans in a medium bowl.
2. Open the can of tuna, drain and add to the bowl.
3. Chop the artichoke hearts and add to the bean and tuna mixture.  Mash the ingredients well to break up the beans a bit.  I use a potato masher for this.
4. Chop the tomatoes and add to the mixture.
5. Add the mayonnaise and seasoning and mix well.

This is great in a sandwich, on crackers, or on a fork headed straight for your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment