Bidvertise

January 13, 2015

Beauty Talk: Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

This mascara promises to give layers of lashes with a full fanned out look.  So does it deliver?
I was looking for the new Rimmel mascara with argan oil, but I couldn't find it, so I decided to try this one instead.  Of course, the Rimmel mascara showed up in the store 2 days later, so I am trying that one out next!

I normally dislike mascaras that have the plastic applicators instead of the traditional bristle applicator, and this one was no exception.  This wand has a curved side and then a straighter bottom side.  Maybelline suggests using the inner curve to get to the roots of the lashes and then fan them out with the longer bristles. 


Unfortunately, this is a very messy mascara.  The longer bristles are too long and they went between my lashes and touched my eyelids constantly.  On top of that, it is also a very wet formula, which I also dislike.  I prefer mascaras that are a bit thicker, but not too wet and not dried out.  Yes, I am extremely picky.



First use (8:30 am)









16 hours later (12:30 am)











Once I got my eyelid cleaned up, the mascara did look decent.  My lashes looked very long, but not super voluminous or fanned out.  The lasting power was not too bad either.  16 hours after applying it my lashes were still curled, although they were starting to look fairly spidery.  However, 16 hours is a long time to expect any mascara to last!

Overall, this one just isn't for me.  I didn't love the applicator or the formula, so I know that I won't buy this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment