Bidvertise

November 25, 2014

Beauty Talk: Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask

I have been wanting to try this product for months, as it has been getting rave reviews all over the Internet.  It was constantly sold out on the Sephora website and I cannot find it in any local stores.  However, I finally got my hands on it last month during the Sephora Friends and Family sale.


It comes in a nice little squeeze tube, which is easy to thrown in your purse and take on the go.  It goes on clear and adds a nice shine to the lips.
Unfortunately, I am about to express a  couple of pretty unpopular opinion here:
1. I don't like it. 
2. Their lip scrub is way better.

The mask feels like overpriced petroleum jelly (even though it is petroleum free) and petroleum jelly has never worked for me.  It seems like it just sits on my lips and doesn't actually soak in or provide any moisture to my lips.  I genuinely prefer their whipped cherry lip scrub (but I will discuss that at another time).  This product just doesn't do anything for me.



I also have great things to say about this product.  It is made in Canada (yay!!), by Bite Beauty and I have been a fan of the company since I first tried their products in 2012.  It is full of great, natural ingredients and, if you lick your lips, it tastes good too.  

However, I couldn't justify repurchasing this when it has such a steep price tag and doesn't do what I am expecting it to.


No comments:

Post a Comment