Bidvertise

November 12, 2014

Women for Women Wednesday: Sheryl Sandberg

(Image from Google)

My first introduction to Sheryl Sandberg was seeing her book on a reading list in a women's magazine.  I added it to a list of books I planned to read in the future, but it took me a few months to get around to it.  When I finally did, I wished that I had read it sooner.
Sheryl does a good job of saying what women in the workplace are thinking.  We do check out, we do plan for our personal futures at the exclusion of our professional ones, and vice versa.  She is open and honest about many aspects of her life and, to the critics of the book, this includes admitting that she is extremely fortunate to have the kind of wealth that allows for such a comfortable life.

While she doesn't have all the answers for resolving gender conflict in the workplace, she at least uses her voice to speak out about it.  The book is interesting and definitely worth a read!  I also recommend watching her TED talk.



No comments:

Post a Comment