Bidvertise

November 19, 2014

Women for Women Wednesday: Gabrielle Bernstein

While researching Sheryl Sandberg's book, I kept stumbling across Gabrielle Bernstein's books, but I didn't pay attention to them at first.  As I was researching a business book, I automatically assumed that Gabby was offering more of the same, but I was wrong.  I picked up her book "Add More Ing to Your Life" and I am truly glad that I did.

(Image from Google)
Gabby's books are actually all about spirituality and healing.  She is open about her own past struggles with addition, hitting rock bottom and climbing back up.  Yes, one could argue that she is telling us the same stories other people have, but Gabby tells it so honestly and beautifully that you want to read and learn more.  

I have gone beyond just reading the book, to downloading her meditations and trying to make some time in my day to practice being mindful and taking care of myself.  I am sure that I will also be reading more of her books in the future, as I enjoyed how open she was about her own experiences and how she used them to help others.



No comments:

Post a Comment