Bidvertise

December 15, 2014

Easy Holiday Decorations

I love how beautiful everything looks when the Christmas decorations are put up but, I have to admit that I am pretty lazy about actually putting my own up.  I like to find decorations that can be stored in ready-to-use condition so that I can just pull them out again the next year.  I even pack away my little Christmas tree with the ornaments on it.  Birdcages are a great decoration that are easily stored and require no effort from year to year.


I picked up the items for this at Michaels last year and it only took me about 20 minutes to put it all together.  I filled the bottom with some metallic shred gift bag filler, put in some berry picks, took the flowers off of some sprays and stuffed it all in the cage with a bird and then clipped some butterflies to the outside.  I put it on a gold charger plate to contain some of the glitter that falls off of the birdcage and that was it.  At the end of the season, I just bag it up and put it in the closet for next year.

This year, I wanted to do a little bit more in the kitchen because the light shades are very plain, but extremely difficult to change.  I will have to completely replace the lighting fixture if I want to change the shades.  So, I found a way to decorate them.


I bought a package of 100 ornaments and 2 little packages of embroidery floss.  Then, I split the ornaments out, mixing the sizes and textures and strung them onto 12 pieces of floss.  I then tied the floss to the inside edge of the shades, far away from the light bulb.  Now, the kitchen looks more festive and I will be able to untie them and pack them away for next year.

Pretty decorations can be really simple and once you have them, you can use them over and over!


No comments:

Post a Comment